Date Published: 11/9/20
Get that Healthy Skin Glow--From the Inside Out
The fountain of youth legend has captured the imaginations and minds of narrators and their listeners for generations. Although it may only exist as folklore, most people have considered the concept of slowing down the aging process.
While there might not be a mythical spring to stumble across, you can incorporate various habits into your daily routine to get the healthiest and most radiant skin from the inside out. Such practices as your eating habits, drinking enough water, and sleeping patterns significantly impact your skin.
Let us be your guide to implementing these three crucial steps.
Consuming the Right Stuff
It has been said that, "You are what you eat."
Almost everyone has heard this phrase before. And nearly all of us know the impact of food on our overall energy, health, and appearance. And don’t forget about water too. But more on that later.
Did you know that various superfoods can replenish your skin with the necessary nutrients to maintain that youthful glow? Focus on the following six essential nutrients to achieve the best results:
Your body turns this compound into Vitamin A, which creates skin cells, protects them from damage, and maintains overall skin health. It can also fight skin tissue inflammation, and lack of Beta Carotene leads to dry, scaly skin and other skin issues. Fortunately, you can avoid these by consuming foods like:
- Yellow and red peppers
- Dark, leafy greens
- Sweet potatoes
This powerful antioxidant effectively prevents your skin from UV damage. It also aids in skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, dark spots, and sunburn. Vitamin E’s antioxidant properties prevent skin damage, reduce sensitivity, and maintain skin appearance. It's readily available in foods like:
- Salmon and other seafood
- Green vegetables
- Vegetable oils
This essential mineral has anti-inflammatory benefits that can treat psoriasis, acne, and dermatitis. It can also rejuvenate and heal the skin by aiding the production of new cells and cell membrane functions. Zinc is available in high-protein foods like:
- Dairy products
- Fortified cereals
Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids form the cell membranes and also keep the skin hydrated and healthy. These healthy fats also nourish the skin and leave it soft and radiant. Even when losing weight, always include any of the following healthy fat options:
- Oily fish
These foods contain polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats, moisturizing your skin for a supple, elastic, and soft look.
This nutrient is vital to your skin because it strengthens the capillaries and produces collagen. It's also important in tissue growth and repair and can form scar tissue to heal wounds. Its antioxidant capabilities and impact on collagen generation make it a vital compound for radiant skin. Basic vitamin C sources include:
- Kiwi fruits
- Green, red and yellow capsicum
Beautiful skin is an inside job. Hyaluronic acid is frequently recommended by dermatologists to improve skin’s texture and appearance. With a blend of vitamin C, hyaluronic acid, biotin, and cucumber extract, our Pure Beauty infusion drops contain skin-loving ingredients to help you look your best. Its delicious lemon, blueberry flavor helps you drink more water which also promotes healthy skin.
This crucial mineral neutralizes skin-damaging compounds like free radicals before they cause wrinkles. It also safeguards your cell membranes, and the cells' protective coating slows down aging signs. Furthermore, it relieves inflammation and fights skin infection to soothe the skin.
It's available in foods like:
- Yellowfin tuna
- Brazil nuts
- Brown rice
- Sunflower milk
Getting enough sleep may seem like an old cliché, but it's real and entails how your body and skin heal. When you're asleep, your body turns on recovery mode and generates growth hormones that create new cells and restore damaged skin parts.
The immense benefits of beauty sleep include:
- Reduced wrinkles – The growth hormones produced when sleeping stimulate collagen production, a protein that keeps the skin elastic and supple.
- Glowing complexion – When asleep, blood flow to the skin increases to replenish the healthy skin glow.
- Stronger nails and hair – By producing sufficient collagen to repair your body cells, you'll likely get stronger and shinier hair and strong nails.
- Bright and awake eyes – Inadequate sleep makes blood pool under the eyes, leaving behind puffy, dark bags and reddish eyes.
- Healthy body weight - Sufficient sleep can help you maintain healthy body weight.
- Better, longer smile – It may seem obvious, but insufficient sleep could leave you feeling down. The cure to a happy, beautiful look is beefing up your sleep routine.
Experts recommend eight hours of sleep each night. But if you feel great after just seven hours, that's cool. If you wake up energized, you'll look your best, too. For some of us, falling asleep and sleeping through the night can be a challenge. Our Night infusion drop formula contains a blend of melatonin, valerian root, and l-theanine to help you get a restful sleep.
Your body comprises about 60-70% water playing numerous roles, and lack of it could lead to mild or severe dehydration that can harm your skin. A common daily water consumption recommendation is eight cups or 64 ounces (1,920 ml). So how can you drink enough water each day?
Nurturing A Water-Drinking Culture
Despite its immense benefits, regular water consumption may seem repetitive, boring, and a little torturous. Fortunately, the following tips will help you stay consistent and make it a habit:
- Flavor it – Add limes, lemons, watermelon, strawberries, oranges, or water infusion drops to motivate you. Psst, we have an entire line of products to choose from that will help you drink more water.
- Tie into a routine – Drink water after working out, before eating a meal, or sip it throughout your day.
- Drink after every bathroom visit – Link regular water intake with one of your most common activities.
- Eat the water – Eat vegetables and fruit with high water content.
- Get a water filter – If concerns about the safety of your tap water limit you, consider a water filtration system.
- Monitor your intake – Get a high-tech water bottle that can record your intake or set an alarm on your phone to remind you.
- Challenge a loved one – Kick off a healthy challenge with a close friend or family member to see who can meet their intake goals.
- Alternate your drinks – If it's hard to give up juice or soda entirely, try alternating these drinks with water.
Improve Your Water Intake to Stay Radiant
Pure Inventions infusion drops can convert ordinary water into a delicious wellness beverage that supports a healthy lifestyle. The great taste will motivate you to drink more, keeping your skin hydrated and with a radiant glow.
Check out our products containing ingredients that may help with healthy glowing skin.